Currently, Hong Kong is not eligible for Vietnam visa exemption. Every Hong Kong citizen wishing to enter Vietnam on a tourist or business trip MUST apply for a Vietnam visa.
To enter Vietnam, in addition to visa, Hong Kong visitors also need to ensure the following 02 entry conditions:
- Hong Kong passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam;
- Hong Kong passport has at least 02 blank pages.
After the Vietnamese government issued an electronic visa policy for Hong Kong citizens, many tourists choose Vietnam e-visa instead of applying at the embassy or getting visa on arrival. If you are unsure about this type of visa, refer to the Vietnam e-visa application for Hong Kong citizens below.
What is Vietnam e-visa for Hong Kong citizens?
Vietnam visa is a document issued by the Vietnam Immigration Department allowing a foreigner to enter Vietnam. It is valid for 30 days, single entry only.
Hong Kong citizens,
- regardless of their current residence,
- if not banned from entering Vietnam under Article 21 of the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit, and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam,
- having passport valid for at least 06 months following arrival date,
can apply for an e-visa for Vietnam if they are entering Vietnam via one of the following ports:
|Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Phu Bai International Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Lao Cai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport|
|Nam Can Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
Pros and Cons of E-visa for Hong Kong citizens to Vietnam
|Save time and cost||No application for multiple travelers in the same order on website of the Vietnam Immigration Department. If you want to apply for a group, contact us for convenience.|
|Be convenient for those living far from the office of Vietnam embassy/consulate||No refund of visa fee in case of visa application getting refused by the Vietnam Immigration Department|
|Simple process online||Be valid for 30 days only with single entry|
|Get visa before departure for Vietnam|
How much does e-visa cost?
Electronic visa issuance fee for Hong Kong citizens is $25. This fee is not refundable if the application is not approved.
How long does it take to get Vietnam e-visa?
Normally, the processing time of Vietnam e-visa is 3 working days. However, the processing time may be longer depending on your case.
How to get Vietnam e-visa
- Access https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn > select E-visa > select For foreigners.
- Read the instruction and check the box “Confirmation of reading carefully instructions and having completed application” and click “Next.”
- Upload your photo and passport personal data page as instructed.
- And then fill out the form with the required information, including:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- Current nationality;
- Passport Number;
- Type of passport;
- Expiry date;
- Intended length of stay;
- Intended temporary residential address in Vietnam;
- Date of entry;
- Entry gate;
- Exit date;
- Contact details: Email, phone.
- Verify your information, and then you will get a verification code. Make sure you note it somewhere as you’ll need it later on.
- Pay for e-visa fee (USD25) via an online platform.
- Access to this website again a few days later, visit the e-visa search menu and enter your registration code, email, and date of birth to check your e-visa application processing.
- Get a link to download and print the one-page e-visa letter for Vietnam in case your application is approved.
Here is a sample of Vietnam evisa.
How to enter Vietnam with e-visa
After completing the procedure and receiving an electronic visa, you print out an A4 paper and bring it with you when flying to Vietnam. When you arrive at Vietnamese airport or border gate, you will need to present an electronic visa printout with a valid passport. Immigration staff will check and seal the immigration stamp on your passport.
As mentioned above, the e-visa to Vietnam is valid for maximum 30 days with single entry only, if you want to get a 3-months visa or a multiple entry visa, and you are traveling to Vietnam by air, you should consider Vietnam visa on arrival.
The above details are all you need to know to be able to apply for Vietnam e-visa for Hong Kong citizens smoothly. Good luck!