How many ways to extend Vietnam visa in 2020? In the outbreak of the Coronavirus in the beginning of this year, are there any differences to extend Visa in Vietnam? How to extend Vietnam visa in 2020? These are for sure the question that many foreigners are concerned these days. In this post, we will provide you with the most detailed information about Vietnam visa extension.
1. Vietnam Visa Extension without Leaving Vietnam
1.1. Who should do this visa extension?
If you are a foreign visitor, you have a relative in Vietnam, or you are planning to do business and you want more time to stay in Vietnam, visa extension is a good choice for you. A tourist visa could be extended 1 month, while a business visa could be extended up to three months. Besides, in the outbreak of COVID-19 all over the world, visa extension without leaving Vietnam is preferred by a lot of foreigners.
1.2. How to extend visa in Vietnam?
Necessary documents to extend visa in Vietnam
- Declaration form for issuance, supplement, amendment of visa and extension of temporary residence (form NA5).
- Passport or valuable papers of international travel of foreigners.
Besides, depending on the type of visa, the Vietnamese visa agency will ask you to prepare additional documents. For a tourist visa, you just need to prepare the two above documents.
The procedure to extend visa in Vietnam
- Prepare all the required documents.
- Submit the document directly at the office of the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security in Hanoi, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City or the city/province where you are staying and working.
- If the document is complete, valid, the officer will receive the document, print and give a receipt, an appointment to return results.
- If the application document is not yet valid, the officer will instruct the applicant to complete the documents.
- Receive the result. After 7 to 10 days from the day your documents are completed, you can come to the office of the Immigration Department, show the receipt, pay the fee then get your visa extension done.
In case you are not familiar with the address or procedure, just contact us at +84.946.583.583 or [email protected] for Vietnam visa extension service.
1.3. How much to extend Vietnam visa?
The cost to extend your Vietnam visa might depend on the way you extend it (do it yourself or via a travel agent). You can click here for our service fee. The advantage of this way is that you can do Vietnam visa extension without leaving Vietnam, and it will not waste your time and money for movements.
2. Vietnam Visa Border Run
2.1. Who should do the visa border run?
If you are an expatriate in Vietnam, and you are on your budget, visa border run is an ideal selection to save your money, because the fee for it is much less expensive than visa extension at the Immigrant Department.
But, it is not an ideal option in the outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid-19).
2.2. How to do the visa border run in Vietnam?
Necessary documents to do a visa run for Vietnam
- Original passport with the validity for at least 06 months from your re-entry date.
- Visa approval letter. In the case of doing Vietnam visa border run, you have to show the original your visa approval letter containing the signature and red stamp; a photo, copy or scan will be turned down.
- Vietnamese visa application form. This form can be taken or in the desk of the visa counter at the border lands.
- Stamping fee. The stamping fee at the international airport in Vietnam is from 25 USD to 50 USD, depending on your type of visa.
- 02 passport-sized photos. There are some certain rules concerning your photos about sizes and requirements.
The procedure to do Vietnam visa run
- Get your original visa approval letter at the land border. There are some familiar border gates for the foreigners to do their visa run such as Moc Bai (Lao Cai), Cau Treo and Lao Bao (Quang Tri).
- Show your passport when you are at the Vietnamese border, then get a Vietnam exit stamp. After that, you are officially not able to stay in Vietnam anymore.
- At the border, you will pass one more passport control and then get to Laos or Cambodia immigration office.
- When you reach Laos or Cambodia immigration office, you need to show your original passport and Cambodia or Laos visa (if required) or get the visa on arrival (if available) and fill in the required forms. You will get the entry stamp of such a country on your passport.
- After that, you can get into the country for a few days’ trip or go back to the immigration counter to do the exit procedure to get the exit stamp.
- When you reach the Vietnam border, the immigration will recheck your visa approval letter and your passport. After that, you will get the visa stamp. Your visa run is completed.
2.3. How much to do Vietnam visa border run?
The fee for doing Vietnam visa run consists of the fee for approval letter (21 USD for 1 month and 34 USD for 3 months), the visa stamping fee (25 USD for single entry visa and 50 USD for multiple entry visa), the visa fee to the neighboring country (if required) and transportation fee. Although this way costs less, you will have to travel quite a lot to the mountainous areas, it seems to be quite inconvenient!
► You can see full details about Vietnam visa run here.
To conclude, there are two popular ways to extend your Vietnam visa in 2020: visa extension without leaving Vietnam and Vietnam visa border run. The information can be changed and updated while you are reading this post, so please email us through [email protected] for the latest information.