Great news for all Hong Kong citizens is that if they travelling direct to Phu Quoc island, they will not need a Vietnam visa. In case they wish to visit other destinations following Phu Quoc, a Vietnam visa is required. And in this case, they only need to contact the Immigration Department there and will get the visa issued right on the spot.
It is a move of Vietnamese government to promote tourism in Phu Quoc which is called the paradise island of Vietnam.
So, is Vietnam visa required for Hong Kong citizens who are traveling to other destinations in Vietnam rather than Phu Quoc island? The answer is YES? A valid visa is required for all Hong Kong travelers to Vietnam. However, fortunately, they can get one easily in either of the two following options:
1. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival (highly recommended for those traveling to Vietnam by air).
If this option is selected, one can get a Vietnam visa easily just in 4 simple steps as following:
- Submit online application form for Vietnam visa approval letter just in one click at https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html;
- Pay for service fee online;
- Get visa approval letter via email within 1 or 2 business days;
- Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
With this kind of Vietnam visa, one is not required to travel for visa application at all.
2. Apply for Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy
If this option is selected, one is highly recommended to contact Vietnam Embassy in advance for details about what documents are required to be submitted and how to submit such documents to save time and cost at most.
For contact information about Vietnam Embassy in Hong Kong, please click here: https://vietnamvisa.hk/#vietnam-embassy.