To make getting Vietnam visa more convenient and easier, apart from applying for it at Vietnam Embassy or Consulate, foreigners nowadays can apply for e-visa – a new kind of Vietnam visa. However, there are some rules and conditions if you wish to obtain Vietnam e-visa (Evisa VN). This article will provide you the information of this new type of Vietnam Visa.
Who can apply Vietnam E-visa?
Launched on February 1, 2017 by the Vietnam Government, an electronic visa or Evisa VN is the newest type of visa that can help you enter and exit the country. According to the rules, foreigners must meet the following conditions:
- Original passport is valid at least 6 months and have 1 blank page or above
- Foreigners who are outside Vietnam.
- Foreigners are the citizens of 46 countries in the list below have the right to obtain Vietnam E-visa:
- China (Not for Chinese e-passport holders)
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Korea (South)
- East Timor
- United States of America
- New Zealand
How to apply Evisa VN?
If you are a resident of one of the 46 nations above and intend to apply for Vietnam e visa, you can visit the website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt. This is a national web portal on immigration of Vietnamese Government. Below is how it works
- Fill in the form with your correct information. Remember to double check before confirming.
- Attach your passport-sized photo and your original passport page.
- After confirming, they will send you a registration code
- Pay US$25 for e-visa fee. If after Vietnam Immigration Department check your form and does not accept it, you cannot get this fee back.
- Check result after 3 working days in E-visa search menu by entering registration code, registration email and date of birth.
- Print E-visa to enter and exit Vietnam (you can find it on your email).
It takes about 3 working days for Vietnam Immigration Department to check your information as well as approve your application before Vietnam Immigration Department gives the final decision to issue your e-visa and send it to your email. When arriving to Vietnam airport, show this e-visa so that you can enter or exit Vietnam.
There is some more important information that you need to know about Vietnam e-visa:
- Vietnam e-visa allows foreigners to stay in Vietnam within 30 days
- It is a single entry visa.
- If you want to have this kind of visa, the purpose of coming to Vietnam is only for vacation.
Unlike Vietnam visa on arrival, foreign traveler having Vietnam e-visa can enter at any of Vietnam’s 8 international airports, including Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai in Hanoi and Da Nang in the central region. Additionally, you can arrive via land at 13 international border gates and via sea at 7 seaports across the country. For further comparison between Vietnam Visa On Arrival and Vietnam E-visa, kindly refer: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/compare-vietnam-visa-on-arrival-and-vietnam-e-visa/
It’s better to check with the airlines first before applying for Vietnam e-visa as it is quite new, so some airlines or even immigration staff at the airports may refuse it. Therefore, contact to your airline in advance to avoid this case.
Vietnam e-visa is quite new for most of foreigners. However, it can be considered as the convenient way to get Vietnam visa for the citizens of 46 countries mentioned above. With the provided information of Evisa VN, you can know more about this newest way to have Vietnam Visa and have one more choice to obtain the visa.