At the moment, Hong Kong passport holders may have two ways to obtain a visa for Vietnam, consisting of:
- Obtain a visa via Vietnam Embassy; OR
- Obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival.
However, for Hong Kong citizens who get to Vietnam by bus, there is one way available for them which is to obtain a visa via Vietnam Embassy.
Here is common procedure to obtain a visa to Vietnam at the Vietnam embassy:
- Step 1: Download the Vietnam visa application form at website of Vietnam embassy in Singapore, fill it out, attach it with photo
- Step 2: Travel to the embassy, submit visa application, original passport and other documents as required by the embassy.
- Step 3: Pay for visa fee.
- Step 4: Travel back home and wait for visa application processed by the embassy.
- Step 5: Travel back to the embassy to pick up full visa for Vietnam.
However, some embassies accept submission of visa application documents and return of visa and original passport by post.
For more information, you are highly recommended to directly contact the embassy with which you want to apply for visa.
Here are contact details of embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong:
- Address: 15/F, Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, HONG KONG, CHINA
- Phone: (852) 2591 4517
- Fax: (852) 2591 4524
- Email: [email protected]